Planning Theory and Process
Week 1 Introduction and review
Hello fellow readers, my name is Luke Cawthorne, I am a new undergraduate student at the university of Canberra (UC) undertaking studies in the bachelor of Urban and Regional Panning program (BURP). Previously before taking studies here at UC, I was 2IC at a fitness facility in Sydney for a good four and half years. Previously to that I was apart of the Australian defence Force, serving in infantry corp. The reason why I have undertaken studies in BURP stems from my major in secondary studies focusing on Urban renewal in geography. Having received some insight from professionals in the field of architecture, project management and planning, I hope to find myself in a planning profession in any of those fields.
Planning theory and process will be my focus on my blog as well for some of you on your blogs. Our first week in this unit required us to look at a couple of readings, Arguments For and Against Planning, Richard E. Klosterman and Fifty Theses on Urban Planning and Urban Planners, Raphael Fischler. These readings provided us with an introduction into planning theory by;
- Definition
- Meaning and origins of planning
- What makes good planners and plans
- Substance and uses of planners
- Individual concerns with planning
- Arguments for and against planning
No comments:
Post a Comment